|nikki ♫ (fascinates) wrote in ofurotaimu,|
@ 2011-02-23 12:25 am UTC
This is not a strong week, although there are a lot of new covers. It's just that you'll be seeing a lot of returnees, a couple of them caused by the number 1 song and the rest...because we love 'em? XD The rest are remnants from last week. Still, it doesn't mean there are no good songs this week. There are a few which are really worth checking out! :3
↑# - the song moved up from a previous top 30 rank
↓# - song moved down from a previous top 30 rank
↵ - song is a re-entry to the top 30 rankings
original nicovideo link
Songs are arranged from 1-30.
01. Vocaloid-tachi ga Original Kyoku wo Session Shita You Desu (Kagamine Rin) - GYARI
- And the reason why you'll be seeing some of GYARI's previous awesome works below is this. The title of the song is actually "Moonlight Stage -Jazz Samba Remix-" and is a rearrangement of an existing work (you'll see below). GYARI's specialty is jazz music and he has created some sort of self-universe where the Vocaloids are part of a band and hold sessions in his songs. This is his latest "Session" project, complete with a short skit! The piano melody, I must say, captured me so. A really awesome project.
02. Boku wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Kedo (Hatsune Miku) - Nashimotowe
- Title translates to "I Haven't Revealed the Truth Yet, Though". This is a SLIGHTLY lighter Nashimoto song, with a kind of breathy but still angry Miku surrounded by scratchy guitars. Whenever I see Nashimotowe's name, I remember him in Mi-chan's PV...battling for the yakiniku ^^;.
03. Ie de Shounen to Maigo Shoujo (GUMI) - cosMo
- ↑14 Title translates to "A Runaway Boy and a Lost Girl".
04. Badbye (Hatsune Miku) - Koman
05. Rimokon (Kagamine Rin and Len) - Wonderful Opportunity
- JesusP is on a roll, this time in a dangerously catchy song
06. [MMD] #51 (Hatsune Miku) - StreakP
07. Fireworks (Hatsune Miku) - whoo
- Possibly my favorite release of this week, whoo gives us again one of his progressive rock songs, this time a bit rougher and snappy that his previous ones (like Parades). The guitar melody is, as always, beautiful, especially with combined with the rising orchestraic effects in the background. Miku sounds breathy and nice again. The PV is interesting because of its extensive show and bursts of color. It's like a kaleidoscope *_*
08. Konyaku Jelly wo Taberu to Shinimasu (Hatsune Miku) - HobohiP
- ↑19 Title translates to "Eating konyaku jelly and dying".
09. Wander Girl (Hatsune Miku) - HanasoumenP
- What do you call this type of music again? It sounds like new wave to me XD;. Anyway, quite different from the rest of the ranking is this gem, which has old disco house beats coupled with Miku who surprisingly has a clear, deep voice for this song.
10. memory (Hatsune Miku) - 164
- This is a hard rock song, quite near in rhythm from "Jibun Inch Monitor". The chorus is rich with guitar and drums that it's overwhelming (in a good way). To top it off, the PV using Lat Miku (done by MasatakaP) is lovely.
11. Panda Hero (GUMI) - hachi
12. Juu Mensou (GUMI) - YM
- ↑17 Title translates to "Ten Faces". Wow.
13. (Talkloid) Choushoku Time (everyone) - Konikoni
- Title translates to "Breakfast Time". A rather cute skit with the Vocaloids eating breakfast.
14. Matryoshka (GUMI x Hatsune Miku) - hachi
15. Symphony (Hatsune Miku) - buzzG
16. Mukankaku-teki Kanshousei Kanzen Seigyousouchi (Hatsune Miku) - Hashiyasume
- ↓03 Title translates to....well. Typical Imperviously Coherent Perfect Unit. Or something.
17. Mozaik Role (GUMI) - DECO*27
18. Gekkou Stage (Kagamine Rin) - GYARI
- ↵ Title translates to "Moonlight Stage" Not the last GYARI song you'll be seeing. I like this a lot, though. Jazzy and simple with cute Rin vocals.
19. Chocolate (GUMI) - otetsu
- This is otetsu's Valentine gift to everyone (title is so fitting, too), a snappy rock song with beautifully fast piano melody and lyrics. I had the feeling that with the fast lyrics, the singer will just sound reciting, but GUMI let the words smoothly flow without sounding monotonous.
20. tete-a-tete (Kagamine Rin) - OSTER Project
21. rain stops, goodbye (Kagamine Len) - NioP
- Holy. This is a cover of NioP's own Miku song, with slight remixing. It sounds wonderful ;_;. I don't know if this is Len Append (Cold?) but he sounds especially low and sad for this song.
22. Pajamakko (Kagamine Rin) - ChorisuP
- A really cute (complete with cute art!) alternative rock song with interesting guitar-playing (the skips!!). Rin sounds a bit too shrilly and shaky, but despite that, it's a good song. The PV is a must-watch if only for Len humming in the garden XD;
23. Noisy Whammy (Kagamine Rin and Len) - MyGodP
- By now you know how awesomely rockish and different MyGodP's Rin and Len songs are and this is no exception. A hard rockish song like his previous works, this one utilizes the voices in different pitches, so you may be surprised that Len suddenly sounds creepily low at times.
24. Seikei Bijin (Hatsune Miku) - K!
- Title translates to "Plastic Surgery Beauty". It's an upbeat electronic pop with notes that sweep low into bass-like beats. The rest of the song sounds like an old computer game, adding to the haunting feel of the song before it rises into a full chorus. Miku sounds pretty good, too, especially at the stanzas.
25. Yowamushi Montblanc (GUMI) - DECO*27
- ↑26 Title translates to "Montblanc of Cowardice".
26. World's End Dancehall (Megurine Luka, Hatsune Miku) - wowaka
- ↵34 This song is about to reach 3 million views :3.
27. Utau Daichi (KAITO) - ShigotoshiteP
- Title translates to "Song of the Earth" This is an upload for KAITO's birthday this February 17. The melody is very simple and almost monotonous at the start, but then KAITO's awesomely-tuned voice comes in along with a multitude of little sounds of violins, traditional drums and flute. I'm amazed at this song, Shigotoshite's KAITO has improved a lot. The last part gave me goosebumps fff
28. Kami Kyoku (Hatsune Miku) - OnyuuP
- ↓11 Title translates to "Godly Song"
29. Shoujo Misui (Megurine Luka x Hatsune Miku) - kofunP
- ↓10 Title translates to "Attempting Girl"
30. You -cover- (Group) - GYARI
- ↵ And even more GYARI XD. This is a cover of the Higurashi song where the Vocaloids appear to be in an band session. It's awesome in a way.
• nag (Hatsune Miku) - tikuwadx
• Omoide Folder (Kagamine Rin) - DatsuryokuP