|nikki ♫ (fascinates) wrote in ofurotaimu,|
@ 2011-03-01 11:15 pm UTC
Today's week has a lot of movements, few songs have decided to do a comeback and take one rank up at a time, while a lot more had decided it's time for them to zoom down. Which leaves us with new songs in the upper rankings, all of them worth checking out! I apologize for the lack of good descriptions, as I'm running out of time ^^;.
↑# - the song moved up from a previous top 30 rank
↓# - song moved down from a previous top 30 rank
↵ - song is a re-entry to the top 30 rankings
original nicovideo link
Songs are arranged from 1-30.
01. Kiritorisen (GUMI) - 40mP
- Title translates to "Cut Off Part". I was craving for any Vocaloid song with bossa nova vibes and saw this XD;. Only the intro and subtle melody in the song are slightly bossa nova while the rest is an upbeat piano-dominant melody with 40mP's signature snappy drums. I'm amused that this sounds different from the rest of his works, and it's a good change.
02. Hachimitsu Honey (GUMI) - papiyon
- Title translates to...well, "honey honey". Papiyon has joined the GUMI bandwagon, too, with this rather powerful ballad. As usual, intricate piano melody but this time instead of a sharp Miku we always hear in papiyon's songs we get a smooth-voiced, gentle and breathy GUMI.
03. Boku wo Sonna Me de Minaide (Hatsune Miku) - Kikuo
- Title translates to "Please Do Not Look at Me With Those Eyes". This is a creepy song disguised as a really cute and catchy and you-can't-resist melody. The song was stuck in my head since I first heard it and I can't resist watching the PV even if it disturbs me D:. The one where the boy jumped into the music box and.... D: It's adorably morbid.
04. Cinderella Syndrome (Kagamine Rin) - Karasuyasabou
- Rin here is Append Warm and Sweet, and her smooth voice (even at high pitches!) combined well with the piano jazzrock melody.
05. Hanabi Sora (Kagamine Rin x Hatsune Miku) - KulfiQ
- Title translates to "Firework Sky". I was glad to see this uploaded. KulfiQ has opted to use stronger guitars in this song compared to his previous works, not to mention a louder Rin complementing a seemingly gentler Miku.
06. Rimokon (Kagamine Rin and Len) - Wonderful Opportunity
07. Panda Hero (GUMI) - hachi
- ↑11 Holy crap.
08. Sweets & Bitters (Gakupo x Megurine Luka) - Yuuto
- You might know Yuuto as an utaite, and like some of his peers he has crossed over to producing Vocaloid songs! The beat is really nice and catchy, although of course the Vocaloids need some more work.
09. DOGS (Kagamine Rin) - yukkedoluce
- This is Yukke's maiden work using Rin and instead of an acoustic/ballad-ish song he decided to go for a bolder rock melody with Rin singing very high, like his Miku. The lyrics are pretty interesting. I translated them @ onsenjikan.
10. Negai Goto (Hatsune Miku) - FuwariP
- Another one of FuwariP's beautiful ballads, with the usual gentle piano melody.
11. Juu Mensou (GUMI) - YM
12. Vocaloid-tachi ga Original Kyoku wo Session Shita You Desu (Kagamine Rin) - GYARI
13. Disrare-ya (GUMI) - RecruitP
- This reminds me of YM songs a bit, rockish beats against GUMI who sings the lyrics in a straightforward, narrative manner.
14. Wine Berry (Hatsune Miku x GUMI) - Ran
- I haven't heard of the composer, but this is such a pretty song: fast-paced laced with Arabian themes and traditional beats.
15. Boku wa Mada Honki Dashitenai Kedo (Hatsune Miku) - Nashimotowe
- ↓02 Title translates to "I Haven't Revealed the Truth Yet, Though".
16. Matryoshka (Hatsune Miku x GUMI) - Hachi
17. Seikei Bijin (Hatsune Miku) - K!
- ↑24. Title translates to "Plastic Surgery Beauty".
18. Badbye (Hatsune Miku) - Koman
19. Ie de Shounen to Maigo Shoujo (GUMI) - cosMo
- ↓3 Title translates to "A Runaway Boy and a Lost Girl".
20. memory (Hatsune Miku) - 164
21. Mozaik Role (GUMI) - DECO*27
22. Konyaku Jelly wo Taberu to Shinimasu (Hatsune Miku) - HobohiP
23. Pajamakko (Kagamine Rin) - ChorisuP
24. Issen ni Kakeru (Hatsune Miku) - IyaiyaP
- Title translates to "Soaring in a Flash". An electropop with hard bass and drumming beats + fast, hypnotic lyrics. Quite catchy.
25. Shingotou -SIGNAL- (KAITO) - Ebot
- Title translates to "A Signal of Light". This is part of Ebot's "Spiral" releases, and like Tsukiyukihana, involves wonderful orchestra music rich in violins and strong KAITO voice.
26. Diorama (Kagamine Rin) - HanatabaP
- HanatabaP was known for his work, Sayonara no Kawari ni, Hanataba wo. This is a piano-rich song laced with pop-ish beats.
27. World's End Dancehall (Megurine Luka x Hatsune Miku) - wowaka
28. [MMD] #51 (Hatsune Miku) - StreakP
29. Happy Synthesizer (GUMI x Megurine Luka) - Easypop
30. Yowamushi Montblanc (GUMI) - DECO*27
• sweet magic (Hatsune Miku) - APG550
• Vivid Sky (Hatsune Miku) - Yome ni YaranP
1. A Whole New World (cover) (KAITO x MEIKO) - KonkiP
2. Rolling Girl (Hatsune Miku) - wowaka
3. Sweet's Beast (KAITO) - MendayP
4. Boku to Alice no Wonderland (Kagamine Len) - LeleleP
5. Sukisukisukisukisukisukisukisukisuki (Hatsune Miku) - PinocchioP