|nikki ♫ (fascinates) wrote in ofurotaimu,|
@ 2011-04-03 04:00 am UTC
|Entry tags:||p: acane madder, p: baker, p: dateken, p: gomezkei, p: hoehoe, p: junky, p: kuwagata, p: nio, p: shake sphere, p: t-pocket, p: toku, u: buzzpanda, u: f9, u: gom, u: hanycham, u: lon, u: maria, u: tabun jibun, u: umineko|
The theme is "relationships, ties and connections with all things". Each song is a collaboration of a VocaloidP, a singer, and an artist who did the PV. All songs are original and they are not covers of existing songs.
Here's the list of the songs, collab team and a short description on each song. The whole set is in this mylist. When you listen to one song, it automatically forwards to the next track, but in case it doesn't work, just check the mylist :).
0. Opening Movie
Music: KuwagataP; Movie: Ryono
1. Sweet Magic
Music/Lyrics: Junky; Singer: Lon; Illustration: Azuma; Movie: Parmy
- This is an upbeat and cute pop beat typical of Junky combined Lon's very slightly autotuned voice. The PV is very cute and is of course, related to sweets :).
Music/Lyrics/PV: NioP; Singer: BuzzPanda
- This is a kinda Bump-ish acoustic track. Jazzy guitars and drums are added to the base acoustic melody to make it a bit smoother and BuzzPanda's gentle voice just glides with it perfectly. The title means "Glass".
3. Machi Bito Kitaru
Music, Lyrics, PV: Captain Mirai; Singer: Acane Madder
- This is different from the previous ones because the PV is live action and most probably features acane, too XD. The melody is a cross of progressive rock and something else I can't name, but it is very catchy. Acane's voice adds to the adorableness.
4. tail light
Music, Lyrics: KuwagataP; Singer: F9, Illustration: Chiho, Movie: ke-sanβ
- KuwagataP said that ever since he heard F9's "1000001colors" he had always wanted to collab with her and this was their chance. Typical alternative rock melody which reminds me of Dust. Despite the similarity, F9's voice puts a different twist to the song with her powerful but not forced or exaggerated voice, something I rarely hear from her. The PV is full of buildings with wonderful details and ke-sanβ kept it simple and classy.
5. Sweet Pain
Music, Lyrics: Gomezkei, Singer: Hanycham
- The intro is interesting, although it might sound a bit off when Hanycham comes in because it seems like the melody and her singing don't match. But from the chorus, they sound more compatible. The song reminds me so much of a ClazziQuai song but I can't put my finger on it. The PV is also live action. They have included in their credits special thanks for people who helped them with it.
Everything by: Chouchou
- Heads up, this is not the female utaite Choucho XD;. Chouchou is an electronica indies band quite popular among VocaloPs (I knew them from producers LOL). This is a progressive rock song laced with electronic beats. They have pretty cool songs, so if you are curious, you can check their myspace.
7. Tabinin no Uta
Music, Lyrics and PV: baker, Singer: Haruyo
- I love the intro so much, violins with drums and very subtle guitars that escalates into a rock song. Haruyo's voice is so clear and rings against the already wonderful melody. The chorus reminds of Do As Infinity. I am not sure of Haruyo is really the one in the PV since they have credited "actors" in the info post.
Lyrics, Music: DATEKEN, Mix: madamxx; Singer: Umineko
- As expected, it's an RnB slash jazzy song which is Umineko's sandbox of awesomeness. DATEKEN fused the melody with very soft electronic beats and inserts in violin whines in certain intervals, which is very nice to the ears.
Music, Lyrics: HoehoeP, Singer: Vasirula, Mix: madamxx; Illustration: (^q^)氏; PV: taku
- As opposed to the violins and guitars in the previous intro, Nanou used a simple but pretty piano intro for this song. The melody persists throughout the song (I was expecting the song to escalate to an upbeat, cheery song a la most of Nanou's works), with Vasirula's straightfoward but gentle voice. It's a very nice ballad, with poignant lyrics.
Lyrics, Music: T-POCKET; Singer: Gom; Illlustration: Chiho; PV: Satou; Music Performance: Mirai Cococompy people.
- This is actually an old upload under the Nico Nico Indies category in Nico. Remember? The one with the very interesting PV? Yeah.
Music: Shake Sphere; Lyrics, Singer: ☆Aya☆
- This is also an old upload, way back in 2009! The melody's upbeat but gentle and is perfect with Aya's soft but solid voice.
Lyrics, Music: TokuP; Singer: MARiA; PV: heki
- We're not new to GARNiDELIA's collabs, so if you liked Toku's and MARiA's releases before, you'll love this too. Instead of upbeat melodies like SPiCa and ARiA, they decided to go a bit on the ballad side, but the melody still escalates at the chorus into a powerful combination of sounds and MARiA's solid singing.
13. Sasai na Koto
Lyrics, Music: ~xion~, Singer: Tabun Jibun, PV: HiyokomanjuuP
- Easily my favorite song in this set, since I've loved Xion/Tabun Jibun collabs for eternity. This one is, a dramatic song with beautiful piano melody with unintrusive guitars and violins, just like most of XionP's works. Tabun Jibun's soft voice is perfect with the melody ;_;. The PV is very simple, but compelling.