- ! vocaloid,
- * weekly vocaran,
- m: is,
- p: 164,
- p: 40m,
- p: avtechno,
- p: bibuko,
- p: buzzg,
- p: campanette,
- p: cosmo,
- p: easypop,
- p: emon,
- p: hachi,
- p: hobonichi,
- p: keeno,
- p: live,
- p: mitchie m,
- p: nekomimi,
- p: neru,
- p: nio,
- p: orebanana,
- p: oster project,
- p: papiyon,
- p: pinocchio,
- p: toku,
- p: uramanbou,
- p: uz,
- p: ym,
- p: yuni,
- u: yurin
Since I'm on vacation today, I'm posting the Vocaran while we wait for Utaran :D. I looooooove this week so much because there are a lot of new, amazing releases from famous producers and new ones that have so much potential (I swear, I will stop using 'so much' so much). Because of the awesome new stuff, there are only a few left from last week's ranking, some of them pulled down as a consequence. Still, there are some surprising returns (Matryoshka, what!) and rises. I hope this week will also be an interesting listen for you guys, too, so let's get started.
↑# - the song moved up from a previous top 30 rank
↓# - song moved down from a previous top 30 rank
↵ - song is a re-entry to the top 30 rankings
original nicovideo link
Songs are arranged from 1-30.
01. fix (Hatsune Miku Dark) - keeno
- Keeno's newest song is another rock ballad, with a slightly similar arrangement to "glow" but in a different theme/beat. It's really beautiful, from the echoey guitars, slow heavy drums and of course, keeno's signature tuning of Miku, wherein we wonder how he manages to make Miku's diction sound so awesome.
02. Tokyo Teddy Bear (Kagamine Rin) - Neru
03. Dr. Realist (Gakupo) - cosMo/BousouP
- cosMo starts with a talking Gakupo again, then diverts into a pretty fantasy-themed melody. The art and premise reminds me of Anti the Infinite Holic minus the fast-paced lyrics...or not xD. It's really a good song and I'm even surprised myself by looping it even if I'm not much of a Gakupo fan ♥
04. Juushin Kakusei (Kagamine Rin) - LiveP
- Title translates to "Awakening of a Brutal Heart". What a dramatic song! I'm such a sucker for LiveP's sad/poignant songs and this rock ballad coupled with is usual interesting tuning for Rin tugs the heart so much :).
05. DANCE FLOOR (GUMI) - buzzG
- I was wondering if this will be a pop dance track because of the title, but buzzG managed to bring out his rock prowess again and added a bit of dance-y spice to it. IThe drumming is pretty impressive.
06. Arrow of Love (Hatsune Miku) - TokuP
- I was surprised. I was expecting some grand extrance of a song/PV again, coming from TokuP. But it's actually a pleasant pop song with a simple melody and a simple PV. A good PV is impressive, of course, but the simpleness of this one brings out TokuP's brand of grandiose with a melody filled with music from different instruments and usual solid, medium-ranged Miku singing. I like his bass and violin melody a lot.
07. Kimi to Mita Hoshizora (Megurine Luka) - Easypop
- Title means "The Starry Sky I Watched With You". I'm not used to listening to EASYPOP doing slow songs, not that this is a ballad. This song still has the same catchy, electronic beats like most of EASYPOP's songs, but it's toned down a bit, and it's good.
08. Koukan Note (GUMI) - YM
- ↓06 Title means "Note of Sympathy"
09. Mushroom Mother (Hatsune Miku) - PinocchioP
10. Candy Rocket (Hatsune Miku) - Yurin
- Whoa! This is Yurin's first upload as a VocaloP (he's an utaite). His debut song is a rock song with awesome drumming and slightly sharp but usual guitar melody. His Miku, like most of new producers, is a bit high and strained, but it works. It's an impressive song for a starter.
11. Freely Tomorrow (Hatsune Miku) - Mitchie M.
12. Alice in Musicland (Hatsune Miku, etc.) - OSTER Project
13. Philosophy of Precious Love (Hatsune Miku) - papiyon/ChouchoP
- Papiyon's latest love song is a rock ballad without his usual piano antics, but rather with a drum-guitar combo and a serious aura. It's an interesting change (...well, not really change since he's done it in the past XD).
14. Time Capsule (Hatsune Miku) - buzzG\
15. Shiryokukensa (GUMI) - 40mP
- ↓07 Title means "Eyesight Test".
16. a Wonder of Aisya (Kaai Yuki) - YuniP
- Such a pretty song! Kaai Yuki's whispery voice is brought out perfectly against folk song-sounding instrumentation. It has a dream-like feel.
17. Ii Yume wo (Hatsune Miku) - NioP
- Title means "May You Have a Good Dream". The melody is very simple (acoustic guitar, piano infused with violin melody) but the simplicity itself makes the song pretty. Miku sounds a bit disconnected to the song, but it's probably because she's tuned a bit lower than usual.
18. Sono Ao no Imi wo Boku wa Shiranai (Hatsune Miku) - uzP
- Title means "I don't know about that immature meaning". uzP's comes up again with a rock ballad with his usual dragging (in a good way) feel. It's a bit hard to describe, but his songs often have long, dragged notes. Guitar work here is not as good as in his other songs, but the haunting feeling is still the same.
19. Noroi no Susume (Hatsune Miku) - bibuko
- ↵ Title means "An Advice on Curses". I don't know what happened and why it's here XD.
20. Kyarii Ren Ren - Pon Pon Pon (Kagamine Len) - OrebananaP
- This is a cover of this song XD. This is cute and loopable. You have been warned :P.
21. Suraba Diver (Kagamine Len Append) - Is
- Title means "Bloodshed Diver". You might remember Is or Nakamura Hiroshi as part of absorb with Halyosy and That. Len's tuning is done by ArukaP. As expected, the guitar work is beautiful.
22. Kuwagata ni Chop Shitara Time Slip Shita (GUMI) - UramanbouP
- ↑25 Whoaaaa This song is about to reach 500k views!
23. Hoshizora no Lapis (Hatsune Miku) - Campanette
- Title means "The Azureness of the Starry Sky". First time hearing of this P but the song is nice. Miku sounds echoey against piano/electronic beats, giving the song an ethereal feel.
24. Maigo Shoujo to Ryuusei Shinshi (GUMI x Kamui Gakupo) - cosMo
- Title means "A Lost Young Lady and a Gentleman of the Falling Stars". I am mostly surprised by the pretty talkloid scene! Gakupo sounds surprisingly good, too!
25. Sayonara Bokutachi no Terebi Kyoku (Hatsune Miku) - HobonichiP
26. Ama no Jaku (GUMI) - 164
- ↑28 Title means "Heaven's Weakness". So strong!
27. ACE (Kagamine Rin) - Emon (Tes.)
- What a nice, relaxing song. Emon is known for making pop melodies that are "smoothly flowing", meaning there are very few pitch changes and distortions, making his songs mostly easy to listen to. This is a good example.
28. [MMD] Moshimo Hatsune Miku ga Souryo Dattara (NekomimiP)
- Title means "What if Hatsune Miku is a Priest". This is a talkloid video with Miku....dressed as a priest XD.
29. Matryoshka (Hatsune Miku x GUMI) - Hachi
- ↵ WHOA! Happy one year? XD
30. LUST DOLL (Kagamine Rin) - AVTechNO!
- I didn't know about this aflkhasfafklhasf COUGH I MEAN .... Lyrics for this song were written by Saiya. AVTechNO's melody is the same as always, with distorted electronic beats similar to his rearrangements in his previous album. His Rin is very sharp and scratchy, but she surprisingly works well with the melody.
Diaspora (Hatsune Miku) - PIROPARU
drift apart (Hatsune Miku) - Keroliane Ageha
1. Matryoshka (GUMI x Hatsune Miku) - hachi
2. Lily Lily ★ Burning Night (Lily) - samfree
3. Shinpakusuu #0822 (Hatsune Miku) - papiyon
4. Hiraishin (Kagamine Len) - YuuyuP
5. Chloe (Lily) - seleP