|nikki ♫ (fascinates) wrote in ofurotaimu,|
@ 2011-09-21 10:35 pm UTC
This week has surprisingly a lot of returning popular songs as well as remnants of the past ranking, so only very few songs are here today. The good side of this is that we have new top songs this week, all of them are so worth checking out.
↑# - the song moved up from a previous top 30 rank
↓# - song moved down from a previous top 30 rank
↵ - song is a re-entry to the top 30 rankings
original nicovideo link
Songs are arranged from 1-30.
01. Yakusoku no Tane (GUMI) - 40mP
- Title means "Seed of Promise". I was surprised at GUMI taking a breath right at the start, LOL! Unlike his previous songs, this is more of an acoustic ballad with a very breezy and simple melody without 40mP's signature guitar/piano combo. The orchestraic melody in the background is also beautiful.
02. Dystopia Zipangu (GUMI) - cosMo/BousouP
- Zipangu means "Japan" and can be romanized also as "Jipangu". I just wanted to use "Z" XD. Rather than a fast-paced pop song, we get an awesome rock song with an interesting combination of guitars. The drumming is quite distinct and I love it. GUMI sounds a bit higher than usual, but that's okay.
03. Senbonzakura (Hatsune Miku) - KurousaP
- Title means "A Thousand Cherry Blossoms". Aaaand this is my favorite song for this week. It's a traditional Japanese mixed with rock beats and is extreeeemely catchy. Not to mention Miku's diction here is perfect. As expected from one of the most popular and earlier Ps.
04. Koushino Shinzou (GUMI) - NishizawasanP
- ↑18 Title means "Heart of Trellis".
05. Cosmos (GUMI) - otetsu
06. Koko ni Aru Koto (Hatsune Miku) - FuwariP
- ↓05 Title means "The Things that Remain Here".
07. Pane dhiria (SPTM Mix) (KAITO) - yanagiP
- This is an arrangement of the original by ShinjouP. Pane dhiria is one of my favorite KAITO songs as well as my favorite Vocaloid songs that use hanamogera. This remix creates a more ethnic air in the song and used a lot of wind instrument music, too. Most especially, it has a different rhythm! It's pretty impressive. YanagiP, as you might remember, wrote one of the best KAITO classics: Sennen no Dokusou ka.
08. GIFT (GUMI) - HanatabaP
09. Hello, Worker (Megurine Luka) - Eshi ja nai KEI
10. Ikasama Dice (Hatsune Miku) - Nekomushi
- Title means "Trick Dice". What a nice intro! This is a bit more rockish than most of Nekomushi's works, but the piano in the background creates a soft aura despite the strong guitars. Also, his Miku is as cute as always <3
11. Cyber Thunder Cider (VY1) - EZFG
12. Tokyo Teddy Bear (Kagamine Rin) - Neru
13. Amania (Kagamine Rin) - LiveP
- I am not sure what Amania means, but if it is considered as a name it means "artist of God" or something like that. Instead of his usual shrill guitar!rock songs, LiveP opted to do a pop-rock song with slightly gentler guitars with light piano in the background. The electric beats are also a nice touch.
14. Can you feel the purple truth? (Megurine Luka) - collab
- This is a collaboration among Yuyoyuppe, Don and MuryokuP. which is all sorts of amazing. We all know these three make songs in the same genre (rock to screamo) and their combined efforts made a slighly emo Vocaloud song with wonderful piano/guitars (thanks, MuryokuP), emotional lyrics (thanks, Don) and that screamo!Luka and awesome guitar/drum combos (thanks, Yuppe XD).
15. Floor Sign (Kagamine Rin/Len, GUMI) - L-tone
16. vocandroid (Hatsune Miku) - lumo
- I haven't heard of this P either, but he has made quite a lot of songs. Of course the title is a portmanteau of "Vocaloid" and "Android". The song is a bit game music-ish, with loud pianos and shaky Miku (like she's being frozen in mid-song) in the stanzas and high-pitched in the choruses. Somehow, it reminds me of daniwellP but with a refreshingly new approach to the shaky tuning.
17. Ikimasu! Karaoke Ikkyoku-me (Hatsune Miku) - HobonichP
18. Refrain Loop (Hatsune Miku Append) - Kazkun
- This ballad has a really simple, repetitive melody but that's what makes it a lovely song. Even the PV is clean and simple. Miku is tuned to be whispery against the soft piano-like music which eventually rises to a guitar ballad in the chorus.
19. Loto (Hatsune Miku) - Akagami
- This is Akagami's virgin work and it's a rising guitar-drum rock ballad with piano melody lacings and a straightforward but wonderful Miku tuning. The grand welcome of an intro reminds me of another P but I can't remember who. Anyway, this is pretty impressive for a first up!
20. Kyarirenren - Ponponpon full ver. (Kagamine Len) - GigaP
21. Natsu ni Sarishi Kimi wo Omoufu (Hatsune Miku) - baker
- <↓14 Not sure but I think the title means something like "Fluffy Thoughts of You as Summer Fades".
22. Ama no Jaku (GUMI) - 164
- ↓19 Title means "Heaven's Weakness".
23. CRAZY (Hatsune Miku) - Yamaguchi Tarou
24. Shiryokukensa (GUMI) - 40mP
- ↑26 Title means "Eyesight Test".
25. Apsis no Hate (GUMI) - Captain Mirai
- Title means "At the Edge of the Apsis". Apsis is a point in an orbit that is either nearest or farthest from the orbiting body. Geeky talk aside, this track has a swaying, jazzy intro which should be listened at using headphones. The beat speeds up with a slight space-y beat, which is natural since this is part of the "universe" compilation.
26. Mozaik Role (GUMI) - DECO*27
- ↵40 Just a bit more until 4 million views!
27. Melancholic (Kagamine Rin) - Junky
- ↵64 The rise could be because of Glutamin's cover.
28. Matryoshka (Hatsune Miku x GUMI) - hachi
- ↵33 4 million views, wat.
29. Karakuri Pierrot (Hatsune Miku) - 40mP
- ↵37 Title means "Mechanical Clown". The rise could be because of Koman's release of a piano version?
30. Freely Tomorrow (Hatsune Miku) - Mitchie M.
Shitsuchou Shoujo to Kodoku na Oto (Hatsune Miku) - HitohitoP
echo (Megurine Luka) - KomorehiP
1. Time Machine (Miku) - 1640mP
2. Lily Ga Konna Seikaku Dattara Ore Dake Ga Moeru - YunimemoP
3. Antidichlorobenzene (Rin) - OwataP
4. Sora no Sakana (Miku) - PowapowaP
5. Matryoshka (Miku x GUMI) - hachi