|nikki ♫ (fascinates) wrote in ofurotaimu,|
@ 2011-10-07 12:43 am UTC
Sorry for the delay! This was supposed to be up yesterday but I fell asleep XD;. And I decided to post it a bit late with a lot of comments instead of just listing stuff. Senbonzakura, like in the utaran, stays strong here but there are a ton of new songs which are all worth a listen!
↑# - the song moved up from a previous top 30 rank
↓# - song moved down from a previous top 30 rank
↵ - song is a re-entry to the top 30 rankings
original nicovideo link
Songs are arranged from 1-30.
01. Kagerou Days (Hatsune Miku) - Jin
- Jin is a new producer, as you might have noticed in his mylist, so this is quite a pleasant surprise! It can't be denied that the song (from the melody to the tuning to the PV) is awesome. The sharp guitars sound so awesome against the steady drumming. Miku is tuned a bit too high for my taste, but she fits the sounds well enough. Also, this song is about to reach 200k view, whoawhoa.
02. Senbonzakura (Hatsune Miku) - KurousaP
- ↓02 Title means "A Thousand Cherry Blossoms". THIS SONG. It's everywhere (not that I'm complaining)! I think this shows Syana's reputation and talent as a producer. It's been so long since he released a song, too, so I'm happy this is gaining so much attention (and I never get tired of it for some reason).
03. Miraisen (Hatsune Miku) - 1640mP
- Title means "Future's Horizon". This is another collab between 164 and 40mP. It's quite different from Time Machine in the sense that it started off with the usual 164 intro -- slightly muffled intro slowly rising into a guitar-rich rock song, but with the tuning done 40mP style.
04. Doku Ringo to Cinderella (Megurine Luka) - Yuzuhiko
- Title means "Cinderella and the Poisoned Apple". I like the title and premise of this song a lot. The melody is jazzy and quite typical if you like listening to jazz songs. However, the high-pitched trumpet sounds as well as the bass is a wonderful, unique touch and makes the song adorably catchy (despite the theme XD).
05. Datte Datte Datte (GUMI) - TakanonP
- ↓03 Title means "But, but, but!"
06. Mushi to Sakura, Uso to Concrete (Kamui Gakupo) - otetsu
- Title means "Bugs and Cherry Blossoms, Lies and Concrete". We all know otetsu's an established rock song writer and his Gakupo is just as lovable as his Luka. The guitars are (always) amazing, with fast drumming and Gakupo slamming alternating low and high notes here and there in the chorus without effort.
07. Power Knows (radio edit) (GUMI 3 Power) - yuukiss
- Yuukiss tunes GUMI with an interesting twirl. She flips the ends of her lines with a soft high-pitched lilt XD. The song is a dance tune typical of yuukiss, but with GUMI's very smooth but solid voice.
08. Jiraigen Yomichi (Megurine Luka) - Kinra
- Title means "Minefield Night". Kinra is a Taiwanese Vocaloid producer and he has actually composed quite a lot of songs. Quite a creepy song with amazing piano background, it's like a combo of Nashimoto and Machigerita. Anyway, it's quite good!
09. Odeko ni Haeta Biwa no Seikaku ga Warui (VY2) - UramanbouP
- ↓02 Title means "The Loquat Growing Out of My Forehead has a Bad Personality". I just. Kind of love how ridiculously cute this song is. I haven't even seen a loquat in real life but...
10. Yozora Iro Sympathism (Hatsune Miku) - Emon(Tes.)
- Title means "Sky-Colored Sympathy". This is an upbeat, danceable track with typical but ringing melody and Miku that seems to blend too well with the music, so she sounds a bit muffled. It still sounds good, though.
11. Gossip (Hatsune Miku) - OSTER Project
- Not sure if I translated correctly? This is OSTER's usual sexy jazz with gah, what amazing melody!
12. Rondino (GUMI) - takamatt
- So damn catchy D:. It's a bit more pop and cutesy compared to Just a Game, but they're so similar. This song is also part of the very wonderful Vocaloid song compilation LIFEWORK, which is sold everywhere, so please buy it or you will regret it XD.
13. Chic☆Chick (GUMI) - Easypop
- I like the play on words XD. It sounds a bit like My Room Disco Night, but only with GUMI this time. It's cute, subtle beats mix well with GUMI's low voice.
14. CLOSE*2 (Kagamine Rin) - kagomeP
- ↓11 This song is composed by KagomeP but the tuning is by Sezu.
15. Sainou Shredder (Hatsune Miku) - Nanahoshi Kangengakudan
- Title means "Talent Shredder". I haven't heard of the P, but I find his tuning as well as guitar works interesting. The song sounds typical rock with scratchy guitars, but his Miku is so unique, she almost sounded like Rin. She's shaky and almost incoherent but adorable at the same time, it's awesome.
16. Souvenir (Hatsune Miku) - FayeP
17. 8hit (Kagamine Rin x Len) - Wonderful Opportunity
18. Waltz of Anomalies (Hatsune Miku) - Nanou/HoehoeP
19. Kyarirenren - Ponponpon full ver. (Kagamine Len) - GigaP x Orebanana
- ↑30 ...You know, this is still in my head after WEEKS D:. I always fight the urge to clap at the choruses LOL, and it doesn't happen when I listen to the original...
20. Garakuta Shoujo (Hatsune Miku) - Polyphonic Branch
- Title means "Junk Girl". As usual with Polyphonic Branch, this song has a grandiose premise and instrumentation, even if you can barely notice it. The very, very, subtle piano in the background is quite a nice touch.
21. dive into Marchen (Hatsune Miku) - Tada no Nanashi
- This reminds me a bit of Sasakure songs of the same beat, but this is less chiptunish, and a bit more playful despite sounding gentler. This is also the first time I've heard of the P but consider me impressed.
22. Tokyo Teddy Bear (Kagamine Rin) - Neru
23. Kyousou Hypnosis (GUMI Power) - Rerulili
- ↓16 Title means "Manic Hypnosis". I like Ame ga Futte more, but Rerusan is good at any genre, I think ;;. This is really good, too.
24. Nenchaku-kei Danshi no 15-nen Nechi nechi (VY2) - UramanbouP
- ↵48 Title means "Pursuing a Cute Guy for 15 Years". This is probably due to the other Uramanbou song in this ranking.
25. Ama no Jaku (GUMI) - 164
- ↑27 Title means "Heaven's Weakness". Whoa O:
26. Yume Kui Circus (Hatsune Miku) - Michiru
- Title means "Dream-eating Circus". This is a really calming song reminiscent of whoo and Sorairo Club, but with very whispery Miku. The circus-like instrumental is interesting and the concept itself, while a bit childish, is quite deep.
27. Dystopia Zipangu (GUMI) - cosMo/BousouP
- - ↓06 Title means "Dystopian Japan".
28. CRYONICS (Kagamine Rin) - AVTechNO!
- It's been a while since I heard Abe-san's Rin. This song, surprisingly, concentrated more on Rin's voice than on the techno beats, unlike Abe's songs before where there is an onslaught of mixed electronic beats with minimal, almost unrecognizable lyrics. The song is pretty dramatic, too. It's nice.
29. LOVE & KISS (Hatsune Miku Append) - UgoP
- The rhythm reminds me a bit of "Risky Game", although with so much gentler violins and whispery Miku. The beat is typical, but the jazzy melody is nice to listen to.
30. Ame ga Futte (GUMI Sweet) - Rerulili
- ↓15 Title means "Rain is Falling".
torch (Hatsune Miku) - Shijimi
White tail (Nekomura Iroha) - MeniP
1. Kimi no Te, Boku no Te (Hatsune Miku) - 40mP
2. Uso to Diamond (GUMI) - YuchaP
3. Matryoshka (Hatsune Miku x GUMI) - hachi
4. Green Straight (GUMI) - LiveP
5. Heart Groove (Hatsune Miku) - SuketchP