|nikki ♫ (fascinates) wrote in ofurotaimu,|
@ 2011-10-12 10:55 pm UTC
This week's ranking has a lot of awesome old stuff from the previous week, and tons of new ones worth listening to. Our number 1's pretty strong so no one managed to topple it off the rank, but there are also a few worthy rises, some even from below rank 30.
Also, if you haven't checked it out yet, please do comment on this post. Thank you!
↑# - the song moved up from a previous top 30 rank
↓# - song moved down from a previous top 30 rank
↵ - song is a re-entry to the top 30 rankings
original nicovideo link
Songs are arranged from 1-30.
01. Kagerou Days (Hatsune Miku) - Jin
- KEEP Title means "Sizzling Hot Days".
02. Eye Sensor (GUMI Power) - buzzG
- There's no questioning each of buzzG's work is a worthy hit because of that dexterous guitar playing, strong emotional lyrics and very clear tuning. But somehow all of his GUMi songs has started to sound almost the same to me. Perhaps it's because he has a distinct style that very obviously separates his works from other GUMI rock songs XD
03. After Night Wonderland (Hatsune Miku) - KusoinakaP
- What a pretty jazzy number! I don't listen much to KusoinakaP but this song just makes me want to go through his mylist. The guitars are a bit strong, but they complement the piano well and soften as needed when Miku starts to sing.
04. Gossip (Hatsune Miku) - OSTER Project
05. Senbonzakura (Hatsune Miku) - KurousaP
- ↓02 Title means "A Thousand Cherry Blossoms".
06. Garakuta Shoujo (Hatsune Miku) - Polyphonic Branch
07. Jiraigen Yomichi (Megurine Luka) - Kinra
- ↑08 Title means "Minefield Night Street".
08. Shima Shima Melody (GUMI) - UtsuP
- UtsuP actually composing a sugary pop song, this is all so new to me. The song is typical rockish pop, with an echoing effect that bothers me a bit, especially when GUMI hits high notes. It sounds like an anime song ^^;
09. Before After (Hatsune Miku) - 164
- The animation is so lovely o:. Anyway, this song is not as emotional and intense as Ama no Jaku, but nevertheless, 164's rock music paired with Miku's ringing voice is so magnetic.
10. Gree no Taikai Peeji ni Susumenai (Hatsune Miku) - HobonichiP
- Title means "I can't proceed in my Gree withdrawal page". Gree is a Japanese social networking site which can be accessed primarily from mobile phones.
11. CRYONICS (Kagamine Rin) - AVTechNO!
12. The Tower of Decadent (Hatsune Miku) - Machigerita x Megamasso
- This is a collab between Machige and...well, Megamasso who probably provided the music playing. Typical Machige stuff, but I noticed the drumming and bass were more distinct.
13. Garakuta Parade (Kagamine Len) - Neru
- Something new from the one who released the hit "Tokyo Teddy Bear", this time using Len. It's veeeery fast and rockish as his previous hit. Not as danceable but definitely an earful of catchy stuff.
14. Eh? Aa, Sou -Hard RKGM remix ver- (GUMI x Kagamine Rin) - cosMo/BousouP
- Just as you read XD;. I can't say I'm fond of cosMo's GUMI but his Rin is interesting XD.
15. Fleeting Reality (Hatsune Miku) - Yuky
- Yuky's guitars are awesome as always and in this song, even the drumming is good! His Miku sounds typically solid and a bit flat but she works well against his intricate melodies.
16. (っ*'ω'*c) (Hatsune Miku) - AVTechNO!
- The title is read as "tear". I can't get over how cute is this. AVTechNO!'s tuning of Miku is not my favorite but he makes the beat plus Miku's lilting tones are a good combination.
17. Francisca (Kagamine Rin) - Ju
- Kanjyu is a fast-improving VocaloP who has wonderful rock music with beautiful piano melodies. This one is more gothic and dark that his others and Rin is tuned high, a bit shrill but tolerable.
18. Rondino (GUMI) - takamatt
19. Koko ni Kimi ga Inai Nara (Hiyama Kiyoteru) - PeperonP
- PeperonP is one of the few VocaloidP who can make wonderful Kiyoteru songs. This is another of PeperonP's classy rock songs but with less strong guitars, probably to emphasize Kiyoteru's voice which has a tendency to be drowned out in powerful songs.
20. Datte Datte Datte (GUMI) - TakanonP
- ↓05 Title means "But, but, but!"
21. Miraisen (Hatsune Miku) - 1640mP
- ↓01 Title means "Future's Horizon".
22. Sainou Shredder (Hatsune Miku) - Nanahoshi Kangengakudan
- ↓15 Title means "Talent Shredder".
23. Tokyo Teddy Bear (Kagamine Rin) - Neru
24. Birdcage (GUMI) - ZasetsuP
- It's been a while since I've heard GUMI's voice toned this low and I'm still pleased at how good she sounds no matter if it's a high or low-pitched song. This sounds like a rock song but it's tamed down so much that the violins overcome the guitars.
25. Doku Ringo to Cinderella (Megurine Luka) - Yuzuhiko
- ↓04 Title means "Cinderella and the Poisoned Apple".
26. Houraku no Dystopia (Megurine Luka) - KurozumiP
- Title means "Dystopian Breakdown".
27. (every day is like the) show business (Kagamine Rin Append) - Karasuyasabou
- This is the first time I've heard Karasuyasabou's brand of jazz that has no hint of hard rock or edgy voices. It's really pretty and I'm impressed! Rin is softened to match the suave piano music and while it sounds a bit too toned down, it's a good listen.
28. Mugen no Synapse (Hatsune Miku) - GingahoumenP
- Title means "Infinite Synapse". Typical fast-paced pop similar to wowaka's but with softer instrumentals and Miku. It's a bit catchy, but nothing special in the choruses.
29. Kuchinashi Shoujo to Omocha Hako (Hatsune Miku) - HitohitoP
- Title means "A Girl with no Mouth and a Toybox". It's a fast-paced song similar to koushirou's but with a slightly darker aura and a lower Miku tone. The slight breaks in the voice adds to the creepy feeling.
30. Cyber Thunder Cider (VY1) - EZFG
- ↵33 Thanks to the couple of covers in the utaran, maybe?
Kaede (Kagamine Rin) - Runachu
- Title means "Maple"
Amefuri Shuukan (Hatsune Miku) - LifeP
- Title means "Rainy Week".
1. Top Secret (Hatsune Miku) - scop
2. Kakurenbo (Hatsune Miku) - buzzG
3. Knife (Hatsune Miku x Kagamine Rin x Len) - Rerulili
4. Juliet to Romeo (Hatsune Miku) - emon(Tes.)
5. Kimi no Te, Boku no Te (Hatsune Miku) - 40mP