|nikki ♫ (fascinates) wrote in ofurotaimu,|
@ 2011-10-18 02:06 pm UTC
This week has a lot of new stuff from popular and not-so-popular producers. This is an interesting week because some producers you don't normally see have managed to enter the ranking, so it's a great opportunity to learn about their music today.
↑# - the song moved up from a previous top 30 rank
↓# - song moved down from a previous top 30 rank
↵ - song is a re-entry to the top 30 rankings
original nicovideo link
Songs are arranged from 1-30.
01. Vocaloid-tachi ga Vocaloid Nation Shuuroku Kyoku wo Session Shita you desu (group) - GYARI
- The title roughly means "The Vocaloids Held a Session about Vocalonation's Song Compilation". This is initially talkloid, then it becomes a wonderful jazzy ensemble. A really wonderful listen if you like jazz and of course, Vocalonation's songs.
02. Kagerou Days (Hatsune Miku) - Jin
- Title means "Sizzling Hot Days". So, so strong.
03. NEXT STAGE (Megurine Luka) - MuryokuP
- My first comment here was actually keysmash hahaha. Slightly sharp on the ears because of the random electronic beats but solidified by the base dance melody, MuryokuP managed to make this song immensely catchy. Luka sounds a bit muffled because of all the beats, but she fits well. The chorus where she's finally clearly singing is amazing. The PV is also beautiful. Gah, I'll stop now.
04. Mathemati-Girl (GUMI) - OSTER Project
- This is OSTER collaborating with Masataka for the PV. It's been a while since I've heard OSTER make something that's not strongly jazz and while I'm not that impressed, it's still cute and loopable.
05. Oyasumi no Naka Oyasumi (Hatsune Miku) - PowapowaP
- Title means "A Goodnight within a Goodnight". Similar to Siinamota's previous works, this is a pop dance track, with very clear Miku vocals. It's adorable.
06. Senbonzakura (Hatsune Miku) - KurousaP
- ↓05 Title means "A Thousand Cherry Blossoms".
07. Yurufuwa Juukai Girl (Hatsune Miku) - IshiburoP
- I'm a bit confused with the title, but Yurufuwa is supposedly a hair style, a fluffy bob, to be exact, and Juukai is forest-y. So yeah. This is a typical rock song with strong guitars against fast Miku vocals.
08. Sayonara Carnival (Hatsune MIku) - SuketchP
- Title means "Goodbye Carnival". Quite unlikely because of its title, this song is actually an upbeat pop song with Miku tuned a bit high and cutesy. The PV is pretty amazing, too.
09. Absolunote (Hatsune Miku) - Lemm
- This is a rather confusing song upon first listen because some parts of the music which should normally be soft are loud and the rest, including Miku's voice are too blended in. You have to listen well to distinguish them. But after a few more listens, it grows in you and you find that Miku's tuning is pretty interesting.
10. Ote Tsunagi (Kamui Gakupo) - otetsu
- Title means "Clasping Hands". Otetsu comes up with another wonderful Gakupo song, this time with the tuning a bit strained because of the high pitch but nevertheles wonderful as always. I am so biased, can you tell? XD
11. Yuki Mirai (Hatsune Miku) - YuyuP
- I'm not sure about the P name. This song confused me a bit at first because I don't know what it's intended to be. The melody is rock but the lyrics and Miku's voice sounds a bit too much for pop. The chorus puts them all together, though, creating a pretty nice blending of cute voice and sharp guitars. It's like an anime song.
12. Usotsuki Betty (Kagamine Rin) - Polyphonic Branch
- PB manages to release another song that's entirely different from Garakuta Shoujo. This time it's rock, muffled guitars, fast piano melody and snappy drums laced with Rin and Len's high voices.
13. Zutto Kono Mama (GUMI Adult) - Rerulili
- Title means "Forever Just Like This". Rerulili's back again with his GUMI stuff, this time with a solid, mature-sounding GUMI. She sounds deeper than the usual voices and suits the rockish aura of this song well.
14. Fleeting Reality (Hatsune Miku) - Yuky
15. Midnight Pumpkin (Kagamine Rin x Len) - Waka
- This has a good melody, fast with a myriad of different sounds that are nice to listen to. Rin and Len just sounds a bit wobbly and strays from the notes sometimes. But I guess it could be part of the charm.
16. Day Dream Night (KAITO) - ShinjouP
- ShinjouP's KAITO is always perfect and this is not an exception. With a melody reminiscent of his other folk/ethnic works, he manages to show off KAITO's brilliance as well as wonderful range.
17. Onihime to Hana Arashi (Kagamine Rin x Len) - MermaidP
- Len sounds a bit shakier than Rin, and the melody is a bit too soft, but it's pretty especially the traditional instrument sounds.
18. Cyber Thunder Cider (VY1) - EZFG
19. Before After (Hatsune Miku) - 164
20. Tokyo Teddy Bear (Kagamine Rin) - Neru
21. Goodbye Last Blue (Hatsune Miku) - KakuteiP
- ↑74 This reminds me of Kurousa songs for some reason, probably since they're the same smooth, jazzy piano melody with a lot of suspense. The melody is common, but the theme is interesting. Also, Miku sounds a bit sharp but she fits the song well.
22. Eye Sensor (GUMI Power) - buzzG
23. Garakuta Shoujo (Hatsune Miku) - Polyphonic Branch
- ↓06 Title means "Junk Girl".
24. GREE no Taikai Peeji ni Susumenai (Hatsune Miku) - HobonichiP
25. After Night Wonderland (Hatsune Miku) - KusoinakaP
26. Konyaku Jelly wo Taberu to Shinimasu (Hatsune Miku) - HobonichiP
27. Garakuta Parade (Kagamine Len) - Neru
- ↓13 Title means "Junk Parade".
28. Eh? Aa, Sou. -Hard R.K.G.M. remix- (Kagamine Rin x GUMI) - cosMo
29. Tanin no Kyoku no Namae wo Tsuke Kaete Pakuru no Sa (Hatsune Miku) - HobonichiP
- Title means "Plagiarizing by Replacing Another Person's Song Title". This is typical HobonichiP humor with some sort of hidden lesson.
30. Ama no Jaku (GUMI) - 164
- ↵38 Title means "Heaven's Weakness".
Sankaku Angle (Teto, Miku, Luka) - collab
- This is in celebration of Teto no Hi and is composed of NOB, △P, UnbalanceP, TengaP, etc.
Resignation (Hatsune Miku) - Karly
1. Shotgun Lovers (Hatsune Miku) - NoboruP
2. Net Game Haijin Sprechchor (Hatsune Miku) - Satsuki ga Tenkomori
3. Gekkou Shokudou (Hatsune Miku) - FullkawaP
4. Specification (Hatsune Miku) - papiyon
5. Egologist (Hatsune Miku) - T-pocket