|nikki ♫ (fascinates) wrote in ofurotaimu,|
@ 2011-10-24 10:18 pm UTC
This is a combination of the rankings for September and October. As the NNI category is pretty slow with updates, there's still a lot of old stuff in this ranking. However, there are also a lot of new ones worth watching, although you may have already encountered them somewhere if you follow some VocaloP/utaite's original stuff. Apologies for the lateness, I didn't realize it was already uploaded OTL.
original nicovideo link
NEW UPLOAD RANKING
01. 【幻のオリジナル曲】 truth of truth 【danierukunP生誕祭】
- truth of truth (DanierukunP)
DanierukunP is also a VocaloidP and this is his first time making a NNI upload. The song itself is kind of shoegaze-y with a generous dose of electric beats that's quite different from DanierukunP's usual Vocaloid songs.
02. Wave Reflection 【NNIオリジナル曲】
- Wave Reflection (Sano Kamome)
- Sano Kamome is a track maker, musician and artist. He mostly composes songs under Electronica, House and Minimalist Electronica. He often uses repetitive rhythm laced with numerous electronic beats.
03. 【オリジナル曲】Someone is crying【エレクトロニカ】
- Someone is crying (Ry_Ha)
- Ry Ha is an instrumental music maker, and is known for his wonderfully diverse compositions, from electronica to noise, etc. This song has an ambient feel with the usual piano music accompanied by interesting electronic/nature sounds. It's a bit haunting, but really pretty.
04. NNIオリジナル曲 - ガルティア峡谷(魔導オーケストラ)
- Gårtié Canyon (KyotnP)
- (∵)KyotnP is also a Vocaloid producer and I wrote about him in a spotlight here. He has very varied styles when doing instrumentals as compared to making Vocaloid songs. This particular track has an airy, mountainy-folk feel that represents the title and concept really well.
- Away (Ry_Ha)
- For more info on Ry_ha, please read #3. This song is labeled as electronica, but starts off as a soft piano ballad, slowly getting infused with rough electronic (almost industrial-sounding) beats. The clash of soft and steely beats are a bit conflicting to the ears but is a fascinating experience.
- Koi wa Zetsubou (KanimaV)
- Yosugano Kenkawa is primarily a prolific guitarist who has released a lot of original songs in a span of 4 years. This one is, of course, rock, with him also providing the vocals. It's a pretty interesting watch XD.
07. 【NNI】Tiny Woods【オリジナル曲】
- Tiny Woods (A_Hisa)
A_Hisa is a prolific instrumental track maker. His/her songs are often folk-based with influences from European and Asian music. This is an interesting traditional European melody with apparent Irish themes, with the flute being the dominant instrument. Slowly, it rises into a march-like, cheerful music that's charming to the ears. Very simple melody, but has depicted what its title says really well.
- Inorigo Museum (Netsu)
- Netsu is mostly an Indie artist, but has also dabbled in Vocaloid composing He mostly composes post-rock, like this particular track. This song starts off in abrupt suspense with a strong rhythm, accelerating in both speed and pitch as the song progresses before suddenly declining into a mere succession of beats and very soft melody. It sounds a bit like traditional Celtic music, but since it's post rock, a lot of other music plays in, including nature sounds and drums.
09. cause/errorless artifacts
- cause/errorless artifacts (Noo)
Noo is also a Vocaloid producer and usually uses Miku in his works. This one, though, has pitn on vocals and is a rock song with whispery vocals against sharp guitars. A bit eccentric but interesting to listen to.
10. 【NNI】Daoine Sidhe【オリジナル曲】
- Daoine Sidhe (a hisa)
Please refer to #7 for a short intro on A_Hisa. This track in particular has Celtic influence accelerating into a fantasy-like mood.
OVERALL UPLOAD RANKING
01. 【シャノ(40㍍)】 さんぽみち 【オリジナル】
- Sanpo Michi (40mP x Chano)
- Chano's mylist, 40mP's mylist
- Another hit from couple Chano and 40mP, this song is again about love and meeting relationships halfway as they go through life. The rhthym is upbeat and quite similar to Jenga. Chano sang most of the song but 40mP provided backup vocals in the chorus and hearing this song somehow brings a grin to anyone's face, probably because of the sentiments that come with it.
- Zombie Song (Machigerita)
- This song already appeared in a previous Utattemita Ranking. It's a creepy, rock song typical of Machige, but with his deep voice accompanying it. It's of the same caliber as his popular Vocaloid songs, but his voice adds a certain eccentric feel to it and it's quite a good listen.
03. 【向日葵×にお×meisa】 ビエラ 【オリジナル曲】
- Viella (Himawari x NioP x Meisa)
- NioP mylist; Himawari mylist
- NioP is a well-known Vocaloid producer (I wrote a spotlight on him here) while Himawari is a well-known female utaite. Meisa provided the PV for this song. It's a simple but beautiful piano ballad coupled with Himawari's thin and gentle voice. A really dramatic ballad considering it's of an uncomplicated melody and singing style.
04. 【シャノ（40㍍）】 夏恋花火 【オリジナル】
- Natsu Koi Hanabi (40mP x Chano)
- Title means "Fireworks of Summer Love".
- Chano's mylist, 40mP's mylist
- [ down from #3 ] This is typical 40mP melody with Chano's aiko-like voice on vocals. It's a really good listen and is one of my favorite 40mP songs.
05. 【96猫×囚人P】 ４６９６～クロノネガイ～【オリジナル曲】
- Chrono Negai (96neko x ShuujinP)
- Title means "Chrono Prayer".
- 96neko; ShuujinP
- [ down from #02 ] 96neko (Kuroneko) is an utaite we all know and love. ShuujinP is a Vocaloid composer mostly known for his angst!Len songs like...well, Shuujin and Kamihikouki. This is their collab from last year. I think we all know about this fantasy-esque number, with 96neko voicing both the male and female voices. The blending is awesome and the song is like those popular fantasy rock stuff. Of course the cutest part in this song is that it's a song about two cats XD;.
- Nilgiri (Dakishimeta Tonight, Hachi, Lasah)
- [ up from #8 ] For this song, utaite Dakishimeta Tonight wrote the lyrics, Hachi laid out the melody, and Lasah sang the song. I do not know what exactly they meant by Nilgiri, but this is a solid rock song with Lasah's low but full voice against strong guitars and spattering drums.
- Technobreak (Otouto no Ane)
- [ down from #6 ] We have discussed this in a Weekly Utaran writeup last year, when Ane was in an indies music uploading phase. This is a pretty controversial song but despite that, it's a bouncy technopop song with Ane fast-singing in vocals.
08. 【OP動画】NNIオリジナルアルバム『＆』【track 00】
- & Track 00 (KuwagataP)
- [ up from #15 ] "&" is a collaboration among Vocaloid producers, utaite and indie artists. It is not a real album, but a collection of original works compiled together. This is the intro song for the whole collection and is an instrumental with various electronic sounds, which surprised me as it is not very KuwagataP-ish. XD
09. 【オリジナル曲】「Like A Best Friend」【Taisho×Da-little】
- Like A Best Friend (Taisho x Da-little)
- Taisho mylist
- This is very similar to the previous one uploaded by this pair (see below for the other song), with the same RnB beats and calming melody combined with Da-little's wonderful voice.
10. ギターでスラップしてみた３ オリジナルソロギター曲「SPICE」
- SPICE (Harabo)
- Harabo is part of the Enshoushitemita category and has performed quite a list of songs, both in NND and live. This one, as expected, is a guitar solo, a rather fast, wild one at that and it involves "slapping" his guitar XD.
- Unko (OnewP)
- OnewP is also a VocaloidP and he is well-known as the notorious reason why the meme involving Heart Sutra (insert music genre here) started. Well, I didn't want to say it, but the song title literally means "shit". The lyrics of the song also pertains to well, the shitty life of being a piece of sh--- you get what I mean XD. What's interesting is that the melody is of a dramatic ballad that, albeit short, can probably touch your heart if you don't know what is being sung about ^^;.
12. 【apple41（クワガタP）×F9 】tail light【『&』Track 04】
- tail light (KuwagataP x F9)
- KuwagataP's mylist; F9's mylist
- [ down from # 11 ] This song is part of the NNI special "album" &
13. 【オリジナル曲】「ホウキボシ」【Taisho×halyosy】 (修正版>
- Houkiboshi (Taisho x halyosy)
- Title means "Shooting Star"
- Taisho mylist
- [ down from #4 ] Taisho is part of Singers Guild and is the producer of the Utaite Project of the group. I don't know much about Singers Guild but they've released quite a lot of impressive works. As for Taisho, you might know him as the second half and composer for Sputnik, Da-little/Hiradon's original music unit. As expected, this track is RnB in nature, with a light, comfortable beat blending well with halyosy's solid voice.
14. spira - Chouchou【新曲】
- spira (Chouchou)
- for more info on Chouchou, please read info @ #29. This new song from Chouchou still reflects their ambient tendencies, combined with very soft, haunting vocals.
15. コゲ犬×のど飴 オリジナル曲「拝啓ミザリー」PV
- Haikei Misery (Nodoame x Kogeinu x Death Ohagi)
- Title means "Mr. Misery".
- [ up from #18 ] This is a rock song rich on sharp, wailing guitars against hard-beat drums. The intensity is increased with Nodoame's powerful scream!singing and Kogeinu's high range.
- Refrain (utamaru feat. Baru)
- Utamaru's profile; Baru's mylist
- Utamaru is an indies composer, a Vocaloid producer and an utaite. Baru is an utaite known for her clear vocals and wide vocal range. This song is upbeat with a slight pop beat, reminiscent of old anime themes. Baru's fits the danceable beat quite well and the song itself is not overdone, concentrating more on bringing out the singing voice rather than complicating itself with numerous beats. The piano melody is a nice touch, too.
17. 【PV風】 アオイトリ 【オリジナル】
- Aoi Tori (Oreore Usagi)
- Oreore Usagi produced the song but the music/lyrics are by Gyapuichi, guitars by Manjansu and yosuga, and vocals by Yuki. The song is a pretty ballad with European folk-traditional influences, which can be noticed in the grandiose crescendo of an intro. The vocals are gentle and light against the strong drums and acoustic guitars, creating a poignant but powerful ensemble.
- Koboreru Oto (Haq)
- Haq is also a Vocaloid producer who usually uses Iroha and Miku in his works. This is not, however, his first NNI song. This track is described as post rock, and true to its name, it's of rapid beats full of bass and drums colliding with narrated lyrics. It's quite an impact of a song, especially if you understand the random messages in it.
19. 【メビウス】 Moebius 【オリジナル】
- [ down from #17 ] Moebius a band composed of Fernando (vocals), Andersen (guitar), Piston (guitar), Chorisu (drums), and B.Yonz (drums). (But they're also Gom, zim, rojer, Nakanishi and Shito). This is their intro song.
- ORiON (GARNiDELiA)
- [ up from #25 ] More GARNiDELiA for the NNI collaboration album "&".
- Oboresou ni Naru Kedo (Nadzu)
- I don't know much about this composer, but he uses a lot of guitar and bass in typical 90s rock songs. He also seems to be connected to 2ch. The lyrics are pretty...shall we say slice-of-life? The melody as well as the rhythms are quite flexible and there seems to be a lot of spontaneity in the song, with more loose lyrics and interludes compared to other songs.
22. 【そらいろくらぶ×FLEET】Vista (another scene:FLEET)【オリジナル曲】
- Vista (Sorairo Club feat. FLEET)
- Sorairo Club mylist ; FLEET Official Site
- Sorairo Club is a doujin group by Vocaloid producer yuxuki, who is known for producing songs with a fuwafuwa, gentle aura, softer than a ballad but not enough to be ambient. FLEET, on the other hand, is an Indie group known for performing/singing electronica, rock and other genre. This song is part of the album "Transit Lounge", which you can buy here.
23. 【歌ってもらった】SPiCa -HPT ReACT-【リアレンジ】
- SPiCa -HPT ReACT- (GARNiDELiA)
- [ up from #24 ] This is one of GARNiDELiA's popular works. They are composed primarily of TokuP and MARiA.
24. 【ナノウ（ほえほえP）×バシルーラ】「ヒトリ」【『＆』track 09】
- Hitori (HoehoeP x Vasirula)
- Nanou's mylist; Vasirula's mylist
- [ up from #43] This is part of the NNI collaboration album "&".
25. 【にお×ばずぱんだ】 ビードロ 【『＆』Track 02】
- Vidro (NioP x BuzzPanda)
- NioP's mylist; BuzzPanda's mylist
- [ up from #26 ] Again, this is part of the NNI collaboration album "&".
- Tahrongi (MachigeritaP)
- I only know Tahrongi as a name of a place (?) from FFXII, but in this song Tahrongi is the name of the boy. There is no connection to the FF thing.
- [ up from #16 ] The song is typical Machigerita with creepy guitars and piano, but minus the Halloween-esque sound effects. The piano in the chorus is just awesome. Of course, his singing is a big, big plus :3.
- Heaven (Oga feat. Dakishimeta Tonight)
- [ up from #29] Oga or ShakeSphere is a well-known Vocaloid producer, while Dakishimeta Tonight is an utaite. For this song, Tonight penned the lyrics while Oga provided the music.
- OSECHI (Otouto no Ane)
- [ down from #20 ]
29. 【Chouchou】eclipse【『&』Track 06】
- eclipse (Chouchou)
- [ up from #34] Chouchou is a indies unit composed of Juliet Herble on vocals and Arabesque as a composer. Their songs are described to be include themes from the game Half Life. Their songs often vividly pictures fantasy, boundary-less worlds riddled with pragmatic sentiments. Their songs are often electronica and ambient bordering on progressive rock. Juliet's whispery voice is also another trademark of the band. I don't know why but they remind me of Portishead ^^;. This song is part of the NNI collaboration album "&".
30. 【gomezkei×はにちゃむ★】Sweet Pain【『&』Track 05】
- Sweet Pain (gomezkei x Hanycham)
- gomezP's mylist; Hanycham's mylist
- [ up from #36 ] This is part of Nico Nico Indies compilation "&".
1. Mata 29-Hi Ka (RYPWK)
2. Dark Passage (_ktkr)
3. Mirage (Good By Gloomy)
4. LANDSCAPE (410)
5. It's no use crying over spilt milk (Azell)
ED: Meditation No. 2 (TheEightyNiner)