|nikki ♫ (fascinates) wrote in ofurotaimu,|
@ 2011-12-08 10:32 am UTC
A bit late, I'm sorry. The opening picture for this week's Vocaran is Yuzuki Yukari, the Vocaloid3 software developed by Vocalomakets and AHS. This week has a lot of awesome new songs, but a lot of the good songs from last week has remained too.
Again, many thanks to Stephie for covering the Vocaran for the last two weeks.
↑# - the song moved up from a previous top 30 rank
↓# - song moved down from a previous top 30 rank
↵ - song is a re-entry to the top 30 rankings
original nicovideo link
Songs are arranged from 1-30.
01. Haitoku no Kioku ~The Lost Memory~ (Vanan'Ice) - SCL Project
- You can't expect anything less from natsuP. This fantasy rock track has already worked its magic starting from the powerful intro. The guitars are just so awesome. Also, the tuning, especially Gakupo's, sound so much better than natsuP's previous works.
02. Lollipop Factory (collab) - OSTER Project
- This is a collab involving Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin, Megurine Luka, GUMI, and MEIKO. Another massive project by Fuwacina. The voice diversity is amazing. The melody is not really catchy for me, but it's really cute.
03. Rubik's Cube (GUMI) - otetsu
- I am biased so yaaaaay more otetsu than I can handle ♥ ♥ ♥. I love the intro and it reminds me of Chocolate for a bit. Then it mellows a bit to give way to a wonderful GUMI tuning. The chorus is sooooo otetsu but a bit faster than most of his songs.
04. Shinkai City Underground (Kagamine Rin) - TanakaB
- ↓01 Title means "A City Deep Underground". It didn't strike me as exceptional at first when I listened to it. Then I found myself singing the chorus. And it was stuck for almost a day. FFFFFFFF.
05. Marble Bright (Hatsune Miku) - Tom
- It seems that rock songs like this are the fad in Vocalodom recently (with Jin and Tohma and Ishiburo). The good thing is that despite the common factor among these songs is how they still manage to sound unique from each other, not to mention be damn catchy. Like this song by Tom. The guitars are a bit sharp but not hard on the ears and Miku responds do that with a characteristic solidity in her voice.
06. Refrain (Hatsune Miku) - OutputP
- This is a pretty cute song with a simple dance melody coupled with Miku's solid singing and an interesting PV. It sounds like a typical pop song but the variety of sounds added throughout the track makes it a nice listen.
07. Kakumei-kun (Hatsune Miku) - TEPPAN
- ↑24 Title means "Revolution-kun". I sob/laugh at the PV.
08. Hotarubi (Hatsune Miku Dark) - YonoP
- Title means "Firefly Light". Miku sounds a bit too soft that she gets a bit drowned by the guitar ensemble in the chorus, but otherwise, this is a pretty nice song with uplifting guitar melody and snappy drumming. I like the change from a full-sounding chorus to a sudden bass-centric interlude.
09. Senbonzakura (Hatsune Miku) - KurousaP
- ↓08 Title means "A Thousand Cherry Blossoms". Congratulations on 1.5 million views O:!
10. Seigi Funsai (GUMI) - Maki
- ↓03 Title means "Demolishment of Righteousness". Maki's second hit is another very rockish song coupled with gentle, whispery GUMI.
11. Parameter (Hatsune Miku) - 40mP
- ↓02 It's totally random, but congratulations to 40mP and Chano for the birth of their first son!
12. Plastic Style (Hatsune Miku) - YusukeP
- ↑25 The dancey track is something fairly common among Vocaloid pop songs but I can't help but love this song. It's straighforward and Miku doesn't sound shrill or sharp at all.
13. Kunkai no Uta (Hatsune Miku) - OwataP
- Title means "A Song of Don'ts". It's labeled as a "fun song!" but the PV doesn't show it XD;. Anyway, this is a typical fast-paced OwataP song, but somehow with softer Miku vocals.
14. Rock-ya-san no Gudaguda Mainichi (miki) - Ishiburo
- Title means "Rock-san's Exhausting Days". Typical Ishiburo-san rock with really sharp guitars and vocals. I especially like the melody before the chorus for some reason.
15. VocaloP-tte Imashita yo ne? (Hatsune Miku) - HobonichiP
- ↑92 Haha well. It's a song about being a VocaloidP and getting a major break and all that stuff...
16. Boku ga Gitaa wo Yameta Riyuu (Hatsune Miku) - HaP (take)
- Title means "The Reason I Quit Guitar". The melody is commonplace and reminds me of HobonichiP songs and Miku sounds okay. What impressed me with this song is really the guitar work. It just resonates all over the song. The drumming is pretty good, too!
17. Sakuya Kono Hana (Megurine Luka) - HayakuP
- ↑30 Title means "The Blooming Flowers". I totally did not recognize Luka when I first listened to it, she sounded a bit like MEIKO because of the disjointed lyrics and slight lilts in her voice. This is a rock song laced with a traditional Japanese feel, dominated by bass and awesome piano melodies.
18. Jinsei Reset Button (GUMI) - kemu
- KEEP Title means "Life's Reset Button".
19. Hangyaku Respect (GUMI) - RecruitP
- ↓09 Title means "Respect for Rebellion". The song has a catchy beat but what I noticed is GUMI's tuning. She sings wonderfully clear despite the fast lyrics.
20. Koi Uta (Hatsune Miku) - Switch
- Title means "Love Song". Waah, I love this. The rhythm is bubbly and engaging, and I enjoyed the guitar-playing so much. Miku doesn't sound exceptional but I think the overall simplicity makes it adorable. It kind of reminds me of 40mP and TakanonP songs.
21. Hatsune Miku no (Hi) Taisakusen (Hatsune Miku) - Sen'etsu
- ↑31 Title means "Hatsune Miku's (Confidential) Epic Battle".
22. Aa, Iya (Kagamine Rin) - 107
- This song reminds me of a Nashimoto song, if only for the creepy PV. The song, though, starts off a bit weak and muffled before escalating into an angry, sharp chorus. It gets repetitive at times, but that's a good point of it, I guess.
23. Paradise Meisekimu (Hatsune Miku) - Agoaniki
- ↓06 Title means "Lucid Dream Paradise". A long while since I've seen Agoaniki in the rankings. As usual, this is a damn catchy song.
24. Ama no Jaku (GUMI) - 164
- ↵40 Title means "Heaven's Weakness". Again, thanks to Glutamine's cover, probably ^^;.
25. Mukashi Mukashi no Kyou no Boku (Hatsune Miku) - DECO*27
26. Rinne (Hatsune Miku) - hachi
- ↵131 Thanks to Glutamine's cover of the song that this got a boost, I think.
27. Hikari no Yukue (GUMI) - buzzG
- ↓04 Title means "The Light's Path". Probably my new favorite GUMI song from buzzG, this is a rock ballad that instead of focusing on rough guitars, highlights GUMI's voice more against wonderful bass. buzzG's GUMI has always been a bit wobbly, but I think it's already something that sounds at home with his songs.
28. Kokoro to Koe (Hatsune Miku) - Paolino
- ↓16 Paolino makes another magical ballad, with whispery Miku singing against a soft melody laden with guitar, chimes and faint violins.
29. Kagerou Days (Hatsune Miku) - Jin
- ↓22 Title means "Sizzling Hot Days".
30. Sakurae Sumeragi Traffic (Hatsune Miku) - November Simulacrum
- This song is a powerful rock song with slight traditional Japanese music vibes. The piano/guitar ensemble somewhere around the chorus is awesome. Miku sounds a bit too shrill but I guess it's a style to fit the song's theme.
Shion (Hatsune Miku) - hayao9
- What a lovely ballad! I especially love the chorus.
Monochrome Ring (Megurine Luka) - morlbon