- ! vocaloid,
- * weekly vocaran,
- p: 164,
- p: agoaniki,
- p: devilish,
- p: gingahoumen,
- p: hachi,
- p: ishiburo,
- p: iyaiya,
- p: jin,
- p: kemu,
- p: kurousa,
- p: lamune,
- p: natsu,
- p: nem,
- p: orebanana,
- p: oryo,
- p: oster project,
- p: otetsu,
- p: owata,
- p: pinocchio,
- p: retasu,
- p: takanon,
- p: tamachang,
- p: tom,
- p: yono,
- p: yuxuki
This week, we have a lot of covers courtesy of the queen of Len covers, OrebananaP. There are also surprisingly a lot of returning songs, most probably because of their covers in the Utattemita Ranking. We also have quite a few unfamiliar names in this ranking so if you can, please spare a minute to check their music out!
↑# - the song moved up from a previous top 30 rank
↓# - song moved down from a previous top 30 rank
↵ - song is a re-entry to the top 30 rankings
original nicovideo link
Songs are arranged from 1-30.
01. Bakemono Uchuu (Hatsune Miku) - PinocchioP
- title means "Monster Universe". PinocchioP shows again why his songs are so eerie but so damn catchy and cute at the same time. This is um, a rather morbid but cheerfully fast song again (like Mushroom Mother) but the beat is so cute. Miku is tuned low unlike his other works, and she sounds amazing.
02. Nankai Ren'ai (GUMI) - TakanonP
- Title means "Nth Love". TakanonP always makes me happy with his lovey-dovey GUMI uploads (regardless of whether it's a sad or happy love song). His GUMI just sounds super adorable each time and his simple, familiar melodies enhance her voice even more. This song, btw, compared to his previous works, has more awesome guitar work, especially at the intro. Again, his super fast phrasing is still here :3.
03. twitter (Hatsune Miku) - DevilishP
- This is a super catchy rock song about the perils of being obsessed with a social networking site, the happiness and the sadness behind it. DevilishP's guitars are as godly amazing as always and I like how Miku sounds echoey against them. I translated the song here.
04. Rubik's Cube (GUMI) - otetsu
05. PONPONPON -cover- (Kyari Len Len) - OrebananaP
- ↵ 110 One of Orebanana's most famous covers has returned thanks probably to her own new covers and Gero's PONPONPON Matsuri. I really like how she tuned Len here, and this remains my favorite Vocaloid cover of this song.
06. BadBye -cover- (Kagamine Rin and Len) - OrebananaP
- Orebanana's 2nd song here in the ranking is a cover of the Miku song "Badbye". Her tuning of the Kagamines are as cute as always, even with Rin's slight lilts and Len's shakiness. I especially like how she tuned them to sing the fast phrases clearly.
07. Haitoku no Kioku ~The Lost Memory~ (Vanan'Ice) - SCL Project
08. Goumou Heart (Kagamine Rin) - Agoaniki
- The first I noticed is how Rin is tuned so low. But then again, Agoaniki tunes the Kagamines quite low. It's not as catchy as his previous songs, but the melody is pretty good, especially the drums.
09. Shirokuma Dance (Hatsune Miku) - Ramune/MurabitoP
- しろくま└( ＾ω＾ )」しろくまL( ＾ω＾ )┘ AHEM I mean the title means "White Bear Dance". It's actually a sharp rock song with high Miku on vocals against strong guitars and resounding drums. It's like a bit of a tame YM song, only with um...bears...dancing.
10. <Senbonzakura (Hatsune Miku) - KurousaP
- ↓09 Title means "A Thousand Cherry Blossoms". So...strong.
11. Rainbow Quest (Hatsune Miku) - IyaiyaP
- This is a beautiful electropop song with an impressive 3d PV. The song kind of reminds me of something like game music, but that could also be induced by the title and PV. Miku sounds a bit monotonous at times but that could be because of the repetitive beat.
12. Rock-ya-san no Gudaguda Mainichi (miki) - Ishiburo
- ↑14 Title means "Rock-san's Exhausting Days".
13. Sakurae Sumeragi Traffic (Hatsune Miku) - November Simulacrum
14. Hotarubi (Hatsune Miku dark) - YonoP
- ↓08 Title means "Firefly Light".
15. Marble Bright (Hatsune Miku) - Tom
16. Kagerou Days -cover- (GUMI x Len) - OrebananaP
- OrebananaP is on a roll. This is her third song in the ranking. Len sounds a bit distorted in some parts but GUMI sings really good!
17. Shinkai City Underground (Kagamine Rin) - TanakaB
- ↓04 Title means "A City Deep Underground". Why is this song so damn catchy ;;.
18. Yukidoke (GUMI) - RetasuP
- Title means "Thawing Snow". I'm used to hearing GUMI's whispery voice but not as high and sweet as this! This is a lovely, poignant ballad with resounding piano and violin melody coupled with GUMI's girly and high voice. I was expecting a bit of shakiness since GUMI + super high doesn't really work well for some but there's none. It's so nice.
19. Aa, Subarashiki Nyansei (GUMI x Len) - Nem
- ↵ 87 Title means "Ah, the Wonders of a Cat's Life". Thank you, Underbar-san from Utaran XD.
20. Kakuu no YuumeiP (Hatsune Miku) - OwataP
- Title means "An Imaginary Famous Producer". It's quite meaningless if you don't understand the lyrics, but it's easy to see it's a parody XD. The P in the video reminds me of someone orz.
21. Lollipop Factory (collab) - OSTER Project
- ↓02 This is a collab involving Hatsune Miku, Kagamine Rin, Megurine Luka, GUMI, and MEIKO.
22. Light Falls (Hatsune Miku) - Yuxuki
- This song is the carrier track of yuxuki's CD (although in a different arrangement) of the same name. As usual, he has managed to make such a cheerful-sounding, relaxing song. Miku sounds so pretty especially when she sings the long notes.
23. Dokugaron code:altered (GUMI v3) - ORYO
- Title means "Solipsism code:altered". This one is not as sharp and rockish as ORYO's previous code:variant, a reason as to why I like this one more. As if to match the new GUMI's soft and flowing voice, ORYO kept the guitars a bit muffled, although the drums are still as wonderfully snappy as before.
24. Ama no Jaku (GUMI) - 164
- KEEP Title means "Heaven's Weakness".
25. Matryoshka (GUMI x Hatsune Miku) - hachi
- ↵ 31
26. Jinsei Reset Button (GUMI) - kemu
- ↓18 Title means "Life's Reset Button".
27. Yaseppocchi no Onnanoko (Hatsune Miku) - tamachang
- This song has a simple melody, uncomplicated lyrics, even a stationary image against the running lyrics but somehow it sounds so compellingly sad. Probably because of the way Miku delivers the short, segmented lines.
28. MEMORIA -cover- (Hatsune Miku append) - Takaoka Mizuki
- This is originally a song from Fate/zero. I haven't watched/listened to the song but wow at Miku's singing. Shakiness aside, it almost sounds humanlike.
29. Kagerou Days (Hatsune Miku) - Jin
- KEEP Title means "Sizzling Hot Days".
30. Secret Silence ~Project D mix~ (Hatsune Miku) - GingahoumenP
- This is a eurobeat-ish dance track with catchy repetitive beats against Miku's surprisingly solid but gentle singing. I'm glad Miku didn't get drowned in all the electronic beats.
Gekkou Butou (Megurine Luka) - Umbilical244P
- Title means "Moonlit Dance". This is kind of a disturbing song...with the eerie background melody and the PV. The beat is hypnotic, just a warning XD.
Yukidoke (Kagamine Rin) - t.tam
- Title means "Thawing Snow"
HISTORY (no links)
1. Chrismas Morgue (Hatsune Miku) - hachi
2. Yoku Aru Rinne to Neko no Hanashi (Hatsune Miku) - KotsubanP
3. Cassiopeia (Hatsune Miku) - InogashiraP
4. Hysteria (GUMI) - KuwagataP
5. Sayounara (Hatsune Miku) - BellP