|nikki ♫ (fascinates) wrote in ofurotaimu,|
@ 2010-12-08 01:53 pm UTC
As with the utattemita ranking, I apologize for the lateness and if you might notice, the lack of the history part in this ranking. I still don't have my Internet at home back, office still blocks Nicovideo blahblah. :(
Anyway, is it just me or the influx of new songs last time died a bit so we have only a few new songs this week? The ones at the top are mostly songs we already know, but amazing nonetheless.
↑# - the song moved up from a previous top 30 rank
↓# - song moved down from a previous top 30 rank
↵ - song is a re-entry to the top 30 rankings
original nicovideo link
Songs are arranged from 1-30.
01. Poker Face (GUMI) - Yucha
- To be honest, I'm not fond of this week's number 1 because I like Yucha's previous works, but that doesn't mean it's not pretty. GUMI sounds good despite the fast lyrics and strong guitars (especially in the chorus). The alternating between soft bass-based melody to a full-blown guitarfest is great.
02. Mukashi Mukashi no Kyou no Boku (Hatsune Miku) - DECO*27 x ShijigenP
- ↓01 Title translates to "Once Upon a Present Me". This song is the official theme of the Hatsune Miku 4Koma "Jitsuroku! Utahime-san" serialized in Weekly Young Jump.
03. Karappo no Mani Mani (Hatsune Miku) - PinocchioP
04. Hijitsuzai Seishounen Kenzen Ikuseihou (Hatsune Miku) - koushirou/HikutsuP
- What a long title D: It translates too "A Wholesome Training Method for the Virtual Youth" or something like that. This is like a cross of Lupin's theme song and Ura Omote Lovers, with the jazzy melody and fast phrasing of lyrics XD. It's really nice if you are into old school anime music and the likes.
05. Yoku Aru Rinne to Neko no Hanashi (Hatsune Miku) - KotsubanP
- The title translates to "A nice story on rebirth and cats" or something like that... This is part of the creazume "Try!!" album like number 04 and is also a unique song itself. The style is reminiscent of hachi's for some reason. The accordion is a nice addition to the ensemble composed to drums, piano and guitar.
06. Fake or Fate? (Megurine Luka) - maya
07. Happy Synthesizer (GUMI x Megurine Luka) - EasyPop
08. Thunder Girl (Megurine Luka) - Yuyoyuppe
- Yuyoyuppe is back with another hard rock featuring Luka's smooth vocals. The guitars are awesome as always. Luka seems to stumble a bit in the chorus (she stars sounding incoherent) but she picks up halfway so it's negligible, I think.
09. Jest of Six (Megurine Luka) - Touka Nayuta x Myriad
- A very sexy Luka song, complete with wonderful piano melody interlaced with intermittent guitar melody. Luka starts off as weak against the great intro, but she recovers later on in the chorus. The backup vocals in the chorus are especially nice.
10. Yabee, Barechatta (Hatsune Miku) - HobohiP
- The title translates to, "This is bad, I've been exposed". As with Hobohi's songs, this one is also laced with humor which might be a bit hard to see if you can't understand the lyrics. Still, the song is interesting despite the simple melody. The chorus is very catchy.
11. Matryoshka (GUMI x Hatsune Miku) - hachi
12. St. Border Knee-high Gakuen Youkouso☆ (Kagamine Rin x GUMI) - KatahotoriP
- A knee-high only school? XD Very cracked, especially since KatahotoriP named it as "a new TV show". Beyond the crack, the song is really catchy, and Rin and GUMI's voices blend really well. Just make sure you don't catch yourself singing "knee-high~ knee-high~" in public places :P.
13. Ryuusei Sound (Hatsune Miku) - nana
- The song translates to "Shooting Star Sound". Nana's (of Seven Colors) new song is a simple, straightforward pop song with very clear Miku vocals. The melody is not very complicated and sounds like old school Vocaloid songs, but it's very nice to the ears.
14. DYE/Re:flection (Megurine Luka) - AVTechNO! x Treow
- ↵ A pull-up due to the recent issue concerning DYE, most possibly. Despite my heartbreak over this, this is still, unarguably, a wonderful song with beautiful PV.
15. Mozaik Role (GUMI) - DECO*27
16. Sainou Sampler (Hatsune Miku) - koyori
17. Yami Iro Alice (Utatane Piko) - Demo Song
- This is one of Utatane Piko's demo songs, original composition is by samfree. As someone who has heard the real Piko sing, hearing a Vocaloid sounding like him is a bit weird, but surprisingly, Utatane Piko sounds manlier than Len and actually has a solid voice.
18. (Parody) Toaru Nihon no Shikugyou Yakyuu (Nekomura Iroha) - Shishamo
19. Little Emmy to Hoshi no Tegami (GUMI) - scop
- The title translates to "Little Emmy and the Star's Letter" and is scop's maiden work for GUMI. It is surprisingly good and I loved GUMI's wonderfully breathy voice in the chorus. The beats might sound a bit DECO-ish and distracting, though.
20. Memories (Hatsune Miku) - SmileR
- SmileR is really in a roll! And despite the continuous upload, the quality of the songs do not change and are still quite good. This one is a rock-ish song with Miku's sharp vocals softening a bit in the stanzas only to rise loudly in the chorus with the guitar melody.
21. World's End Dancehall (Hatsune Miku x Megurine Luka) - wowaka
22. Catfood (Hatsune Miku) - doriko
23. Gin no Kanojo (Kagamine Rin) - 150P
24. SheSaw Day (Kagamine Len) - collab
- It's been a while since I saw a Vocaloid song collab! The lyrics are by ShounenT (yes, the utaite) and Indio. Len's tuning is by KannazukiP and the movie is by Gacha. The guitar melody is
25. Yowamushi Montblanc (GUMI) - DECO*27
26. Jinkan Shikkaku (Kagamine Rin/Len) - Neru
27. Distorted Princess (Hatsune Miku and Megurine Luka) - HachioujiP
28. Himitsu Keisatsu (Hatsune Miku) - BuriruP
29. Blackjack (Megurine Luka) - Yucha
30. Nihon no Mikata - Nevada Kara Kimashita (Gakupo x Kaito x Kiyoteru) - KonnkiP
- K-konki-P ... Why fffffff. I...I want to make a good comment because this is KonkiP we're talking about! But...I guess you have to see for yourselves? :D (PS: Kiyoteru looks so good ffff).
• Genkaku Rabbit (Hatsune Miku) - shun
- Title translates to "Illusion Rabbit". The intro is so grandiose and the song itself is reminiscent of an ALI Project song. Awesome, considering that Miku sounds good despite the super high/fast lyrics.
• Utau Kikai (Kagamine Len) - toya
- Lullabye-ish song which reminds me of some of IntroP's music.
My favorites this week are 4, 5, 13, 19 and 30 and the two pickups (which definitely need more views!).