|nikki ♫ (fascinates) wrote in ofurotaimu,|
@ 2011-01-13 01:41 am UTC
This week's Vocaloid ranking has a new video size as well as format, and that is why it is late by a day. And I am also late because...of some distractions. Sorry! D: Anyway, this song has very few uploads but most of them are by awesome people worth noting. There is a lot of movement this week, with surprising pushes to the top and returns. The top 3 are indispensably amazing, too.
↑# - the song moved up from a previous top 30 rank
↓# - song moved down from a previous top 30 rank
↵ - song is a re-entry to the top 30 rankings
original nicovideo link
Songs are arranged from 1-30.
01. Mousou Sketch (Hatsune Miku) - 40mP
- 40mP diverts a bit from his usual style (with guitars and stuff) and focused on a piano-laced rock melody
02. Hoshi no Uta (GUMI) - buzzG
- You don't know how happy I am to see a GUMI song by buzzG * A *. This song is a bit gentle at first, but bursts into buzz-san's usual guitar wonderness coupled with GUMI's gentle voice. The art is also very cute.
03. Risky Game (Hatsune Miku) - KurousaP
- I was actually expecting this to be number 1, because it's been almost two years since we've seen Syana-san upload a Vocaloid song in Nico Nico Douga. (Of course, there's Tourai's Ai no Uta, but...). Kurousa's classy choice of melody and lyrics still emanate from this recent song and the use of violin spices them up all the more.
04. Leia (Megurine Luka) - Yuyoyuppe
05. Monocross Road (Hatsune Miku) - ArieP
- Another fast song similar to Migi Hidari although less abstract and more melodious.
06. Matryoshka (GUMI x Hatsune Miku) - hachi
- ↑12 O_o
07. Hajimete Katta Yasui PC wo ima Ore ha Utta (Hatsune Miku) - EheheP
- Title translates to "I am now selling the first ever cheap PC I bought". Instead of the usual ehehe, nadenade, peropero, we get an interesting song about someone's sentiments on his/her old PC, which s/he had used so much. The simple guitar melody is nice and fits the mood, the PV is also cute.
08. Kotoba to Raborato (Hatsune Miku) - daniwell
09. Mozaik Role (GUMI) - DECO*27
10. I love you, I need you (Hatsune Miku) - Eshi ja nai KEI
- Before I knew about this, it had been covered like a dozen times XD;. Anyway, this is a song of deathly love disguised as a cheerful rock song reminiscent of BUMP OF CHICKEN works.
11. Re:quiem [Melas] (Hatsune Miku) - ELECTROCUTICA
- The melody is by Treow and the lyrics by NaturaLe. I'm not really a Treow fan, so I am not sure if this type of song is common among his works, but I find this one a curious song. The melody is rock-ish with hard, pounding beats, while Miku's voice is smooth and hymn-lik. Yet they meld together well. Howwww
12. KEEP x OUT (Kagamine Len) - collaboration
- I think this is a really wonderful collaboration among Len producers (tuners) and artists. The melody and lyrics were provided by LeleleP. The producers involved in this project are Nichrome, CieloP, ChikuP, OrebananaP and GigaP. It's a unique experience hearing all these Lens in one song.
13. Electrical Parade - Remix - (Hatsune Miku) - daniwellP
- ↑28 Da, dammit I can't stop watching D:
14. Circus Monster (DoofusP)
- ↵110 The rise is probably because of Fukuwa's amazing cover of the song. The producer is non-Japanese, by the way :3.
15. Ohime-sama ni Naritai no! (Kagamine Rin) - OSTER Project
16. Ikiryou (Kagamine Rin) - UtsuP
- Title translates to "Vengeful Spirit". Just like with most of UtsuP's works, this is hard rock with awesome drumming, and is well, in aura a very vindictive song LOL.
17. Astro (Hatsune Miku) - ←P
- I think the title fits the song so well. The song is ringing with a myriad of melodies, with chimes and piano "twinkling" their way to your ears. A good listen, although the melody gets to be a bit redundant towards the middle.
18. longing (Hatsune Miku) - keeno
19. Ue Kara Mesen (Megurine Luka) - BuriruP
- Title translates to "View from the Top". BuriruP is known for his recent work "Himitsu Keisatsu". This one is a similar, but less rockish song, with Luka tuned in a very interesting way. The guitar melody's worth noting as it sounds like old school rock music XD.
20. honey & clover club -rearrange- (Kagamine Rin) - baker
21. Happy Synthesizer (GUMI x Megurine Luka) - EasyPop
22. Shura no Niwa (Kagamine Len) - Wonderful Opportunity
23. Winter Rebirth (Hatsune Miku) - SeiretsuP
- A typical pop song similar to most of the ones we hear recently, but topped with gentle Miku vocals and a beat that makes you involuntarily sway to it.
24. Yowamushi Montblanc (GUMI) - DECO*27
- ↵33 Whoa.
25. Migi Hidari (Hatsune Miku) - Koushirou/HikutsuP
- ↓06 I've dangerously fallen in love with this song. I can't stop humming it.
26. Toumei na Migite wo (GUMI) - UzP
- Title roughly translates to "A Transparent Right Hand". You might remember uzP as the producer of "Sweet Sweet Cendrillon Drug", then therefore you're aware of his amazing rock works. This one is a bit more intense than SSCD and his earlier works, with this one bordering on screamo. Unlike most rock GUMI songs where GUMI's voice is low, providing cushion against the hard rock melody, this one has GUMI in high pitches, intensifying the strong guitars more.
27. World's End Dancehall (Hatsune Miku x Megurine Luka) - wowaka
28. Check and Chase (Kagamine Rin) - YoishoP
29. Lens (Megurine Luka) - otetsu
30. Dekiwaku (Kiyoteru x Gakupo) - Re:nG /yuki feat. prkr
• Nejireta Tsui Satorisen (?) (Hatsune Miku) - Take
• Hoshi Matsuri (Megurine Luka) - Cuisine
1. Ungragment (Hatsune Miku) - hanasoumenP
2. Marionette Syndrome (Hatsune Miku) - scop
3. Kagamine Happachi Hana no Kassen (Kagamine Rin and Len) - MojaP
4. Oniisan Yuukai (Kagamine Rin) - ChanagiP
5. Shade Slide (Kagamine Rin) - PeperonP